Sunday, November 30, 2008

Blog#20

When I was writing my essay on the house I was thinking about all of the different things that have happened to me in my house. More importantly I was thinking about how my house and my family had impacted the type of person I am today. It was very clear to me from the beginning of my thinking process that I somehow wanted to inter relate my house with my family and the experiences which I have lived in my house. Then someone in the class I don’t remember who suggested that I should use all the different room sin my house n order to show how each room has a different meaning. I thought that was a fabulous idea and I ran with it. And when I thought about I did see that each room had a particular story which I wanted to talk about and each room meant something different to me. Basically each room was a story in itself. As I mentioned in my essay I am a homebody so writing this essay was sort of like writing a diary for a therapy session it was an escape. It was also very personal. Some of the stories which I included in the paper I have frankly never told anyone like the one about the day I got fired from my first job. I like this essay over all I like the way it is formatted and I like what I wrote and how I wrote about it.

For revision of my essay process I wanted to focus on the title and also adding more dialog to the different scenes. I also wanted to describe some of the rooms with a little more details then I did on my first draft. I also though about changing the perspective of the essay to the perspective of other people mentioned in the stories and maybe even the tone. Nevertheless I decided to stick with my perspective in all of he stories because who better to tell you how I felt throughout the stories then myself, and frankly I cant say how other people felt in the stories.

No comments: