Saturday, November 8, 2008

Blog #15 places

List of important places
1) My elementary school
2) Foot Locker in Willowbrooke mall- first job
3) The barber shop where I work at now
4) Girlfriends house where I lost my purity
5) My grandparents house in D.R.
6) Field where I played baseball almost every day for five years
I had to pick my sister and her kids up this weekend in NY and I decided to pass by that field. The first thing that really captured me was to see how small it looked as opposed to how I remember it in my memory. How in the world were my friends and I able to play game after game in such a small area. The quality of the field was very poor as well, no wonder ground balls were so hard to get. That place brought back a lot of memories, about my youth , my friends, and the fact that this place made me so happy I had no worries when I touched the grass, I kinda felt the same way when I stepped on it this time too. Looking around the field I could picture my friends and I fighting over who was going to bat first, whose ball was whose at the end of the day, whether a ball was homerun or not because there isn’t a fence but just trees. The field looks like it hasn’t been used in years, I wonder if anyone plays there anymore, although it is almost winter. i wanna come twenty uears from now and see that feelings arise then, because in the present i feel sad that i cant go back to those times of my life when i really didnt have any responsibilities.

No comments: