Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blog #10 deciding on an essay

I’m very confused and undecided about which ones of my essays I will review. I wanted to rewrite or revise my first draft because it was really about my personal growth and I also liked the way I developed the essay. I also liked the way I talked about my relationship with my grandfather and most importantly the relationship with myself. On the second essay I love the story line and the way I segmented the essay. I also liked the fact that spoke about and reflected two completely different periods in my life that really made me who I am today. As far as the words and overall flow of the essays the first draft in the one I’m mostly leaning towards. I think mostly because I get real personal and express feelings which I have never discussed or though before in my life. I also think the first draft was more enjoyable to write, when I was writing I felt as if the words flowed out of my brain and into the computer. With the second draft I already had an outline and an idea of what I wanted to say so the process was more like writing a paper than writing a personal story. The first draft I felt as if I was writing my journal and I was simply realizing emotions and sentiments. Nevertheless I don’t know makes for a better story. As far as audience I feel that both of my stories are relatable to not only people my age but of any age. The first draft is about my inner battle of perfection and self doubt which I think many people can relate to and the second draft is about a time in my life where my entire outlook and life made a 360 turn, and it is centered around a move from one house and environment to another which I believe many people can relate to also. Talking to one of my classmates I figured out that in my second draft I could also elaborate a bit more about my relationship with my mother and also the sacrifices which my mother has been willing and able to do for my sake. I thought about that and I think that if I do talk about that in my essay Ill sort of be getting off the subject. I could write an entire essay on that alone and I really do not want to include it in the “moving” essay, although I do mention her in the essay. I am definitely perplexed however I will probably just pick one of the randomly and hope that which ever one I pick will give me the best results.

No comments: